FAQ Regarding Dover Downs & Our Re-Opening Procedures
Do I have to wear a facial covering?
Yes, per Delaware state regulations, cloth facial coverings are required in all public areas. Entry will be denied to individuals who do not have a face covering.
Anyone who does not wish to abide by these rules may be asked to leave the property.
I have a medical condition, and I cannot wear a facial covering. Will I be able to visit Dover Downs?
Unfortunately, for the safety and security of all, Dover Downs will not admit anyone who is not properly wearing a facial covering over their mouth and nose.
What specifically do you mean by “medical screenings”?
Upon entrance you will be required to have your temperature taken. If your temperature is 99.5 degrees and greater you will be unable to enter. In addition, you will be asked a couple of medical questions to confirm clearance into the Casino. We ask that if you feel ill, please stay home. For more information please visit Delaware Division of Public Health Screening.
How many people are allowed in the casino?
Dover Downs may operate with a maximum occupancy up to 60% of that allowed by fire code on the casino floor. The Dover Downs management team may restrict occupants further in order to adhere to strict Social Distancing guidelines.
What actions are you taking to protect guests, employees and officials?
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we are taking the following actions to help protect our guests and employees and officials:
- constant, vigilant communication and caring
- any symptomatic person will not be allowed to entry
- thermal imaging cameras or handheld thermometers to ensure those with a temperature of 99.5 or greater are not allowed entry
- signage throughout emphasizing proper hygiene i.e. hand washing, coughing, sneezing, not touching your face
- mandatory social distancing throughout the property
- mandatory requirement of facial coverings; facial coverings must cover the nose and mouth
- more hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the property
- focused cleaning and disinfecting of all areas, with increased attention to items that are regularly handled
Do I need to have an invitation to visit?
No. Dover Downs is welcoming all patrons back as of June 1. Building occupancy will be limited to 60% of the fire code rated occupancy for your safety during Phase 2.
What if I am from out of state?
You are welcome to Come Play Dover Downs under the guidelines set in place by the State of Delaware.
Will Free Play that expired be reinstated?
Free Slot play offers that expired are unfortunately no longer available. As soon as we can safely encourage trip incentives, we will again offer the amenities and perks you expect at Dover Downs.
Any updates available for the free cruise giveaways from earlier this year?
If you had a reservation impacted due to our pause in operations you will be able to re-book through Carnival by December 30, 2020 and will have until December 31, 2021 to sail. If you redeemed a certificate at our December 7 event and haven’t booked yet, you will have until October 31, 2020 to book through Carnival and will have until December 7, 2020 to sail.
Please note that all booking is done through Carnival.
Are table games open?
As of Wednesday, June 17 our table games will be open under the following guidelines.
- Games will be temporarily limited
- Table games will be limited to abide by social distancing guidelines
- If table is full, please speak to a floor supervisor to reserve a spot and leave a cell phone number to contact when seat is available
- Customers and dealers must wear a cloth face covering AND face shield while playing table games. Please bring your own face covering, we will provide a face shield
- Customers are asked to wash their hands with soap and water frequently and to use the readily available hand sanitizer and sanitizer wipes
- Table games are 3 guests per table
How are you enforcing 8-feet between slot machines?
Social Distancing guidelines at VLTs (slot machines) will be enforced by disabling unavailable terminals and removing the disabled unit’s seat. Dover Downs worked in cooperation with the State of Delaware and the Division of Gaming Enforcement to develop the current floor plan.
There will now be an additional 166 slot machines available for play.
Is the hotel open?
We are excited to announce that our hotel will reopen and operating at 60% occupancy of that allowed by current fire code and is currently accepting reservations as well as honoring those booked prior to the closure.
Hotel guests may use the entrance located in the Hotel valet and must complete the required temperature check and medical screening prior to checking in.
What amenities remain closed?
At this time, valet, business center, fitness room and the pool will be unavailable.
Will your restaurants and/or entertainment venues be open during this time?
Within this second phase of opening, mostly all our restaurants, bars and entertainment venues will remain closed. However, we are excited to announce that Jerry Longo’s Meatballs & Martinis will open with a curated menu, 4PM-10PM on Thursdays, 4PM-11PM on Fridays & Saturdays and 4PM-10PM on Sundays. Garden Café will now be offering a more comfortable version of sit-down dining service; Café breakfast will be 8AM-11AM and lunch & dinner 11AM-10PM, daily. The bars in each of these locations will be open and with 8-foot social distancing guidelines in effect. Sweet Perks Too will remain open for grab-and-go service. Beverage service on the casino floor will be available daily from 10AM-2AM.
Please visit doverdowns.com/reopening for the most up to date information on our reopening.
Can I bring my own food in?
No. We have always strongly discouraged bringing in outside food. However, the following dining and beverage options will be open during this phase:
- Jerry Longo’s Meatballs & Martinis will be open 4PM-10PM on Thursdays, 4PM-11PM Fridays & Saturdays and 4PM-10PM on Sundays
- Garden Café will be offering a more comfortable version of sit-down dining service; Café breakfast will be 8AM-11AM and lunch & dinner 11AM-10PM, daily
- Sweet Perks Too will be open during all hours of operation in Phase 2
- Beverage service on the casino floor will be available and will be open during all hours of operation in Phase 2
What if my favorite machine is unavailable and I would like to play it?
We will do our best to accommodate this within the guidelines given to us by the State of Delaware and the Delaware Lottery.
What do I do if I have a concern with other guests following the guidelines?
OUR DOVER DOWNS TEAM IS ALWAYS COMMITTED TO YOUR SAFETY AND SECURITY. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our COVID-19 related practices, please visit the Security Podium located next to the Main Casino Cashier.
For additional information on Coronavirus and Delaware requirements, please click here.