We strive to bring our guests the freshest and most sustainable products available in the Delmarva Region.
- Food sourced within 150 mile radius of our facility
- Sourcing organically grown alternatives
- Utilizing sustainable seafood partners
- Utilize seasonal vegetables
- Food packaging switching from cans to recyclable bags
- Bulk Oil systems
- Prioritizing food companies with sustainable programs
- Minimizing delivery frequency
We lead in Waste reduction, recycling, and reusing.
- Recycle consistently over 50% since 2012
- 1,207 Tons of material was recycled in 2014
- Purchasing products with minimal packaging
- Donate unused soap to countries and communities in need
- Leftover food is donated to local outreach programs
- Reusable, washable small wares are utilized to minimize plastic waste
- Recycle cans in every guest room
- Recycling cans throughout public areas of the property
- Electronics are recycled
- Over 2.2 Million Pounds of food scraps and waste composted
We lead the Mid-Atlantic area in natural resources utilization.
- 31% electric energy savings (Enough to power 1,044 homes for an entire year)
- 28% natural gas energy savings
- Converted over 26,000 bulbs to HE or LED bulbs (Saving the gas emissions of over 225 passenger cars)