HOW TO PLAY BACCARAT WITH DRAGON BONUS
Bettors wager on one of three choices: the Banker’s hand, the Player’s hand or the tie, payable at 8-to-1 odds.
The game begins following the bet, when the dealer delivers two cards to each player from a shoe. The first bet is on the Player, while the second bet is on the Banker. Should the player desire, the dealer may deliver a third card to either the Player or the Banker hand according to the rules below.
In Baccarat, each card has a certain value. The cards two through nine equal their face value while face cards and tens equal 0. If the player receives two number cards – such as a two and a four – the numbers are added together. If the total of the two number cards equals more than 9 – for example, a seven and an eight equals a total of 15 – then the player counts the right digit as the point value of the hand (in this example, 5).
How to Play
Dragon Bonus is a side bet that pays when your hand is a natural winner or when it wins by a large margin. The highest payout, 30 to 1 is for a non-natural that wins by nine points.
Make the Dragon Bonus wager by betting in the marked area. You may bet either the Player or the Banker hand, but it must be the same side as your standard baccarat wager.
You have two ways to win:
- When your hand ios a natural winner
- When your non-natural hand wins by atleast four points
The house charges a 5 percent commission on winning Banker bets. Other than a tie hand, which pays 8 to 1, bets are paid even money.
Player Card Totals
- 1 through 5,0 — draw a card
- 6 and 7 — stand
- 8 and 9 — natural stand
Banker Card Totals
- 0 through 2 — Banker draws
- 3 — draws only when Player’s card totals 0 through 9, excluding a total of 8; when the Player’s third card is 8, the Banker does not draw
- 4 — draws when the Player’s card is 2 through 7; when the Player’s third card is 0, 1, 8, or 9, the Banker does not draw
- 5 — draws when the Player’s card is 4 through 7; when the Player’s third card is 0, 1, 2, 3, 8, or 9, the Banker does not draw
- 6 — draws when the Player’s card is 6 and 7; when the Player’s third card is 0, 1 through 5, 8 or 9, the Banker does not draw
- The Banker stands on 7
- The Banker natural stands on 8 and 9
- The Banker must hit on a total of 5 or less if the player stands
Dover Downs Hotel & Casino reserves the right to change game rules and regulations without notice.