HOW TO PLAY BACCARAT
Bettors wager on one of three choices: the Banker’s hand, the Player’s hand or the tie, payable at 8-to-1 odds.
The game begins following the bet, when the dealer delivers two cards to each player from a shoe. The first bet is on the Player, while the second bet is on the Banker. Should the player desire, the dealer may deliver a third card to either the Player or the Banker hand according to the rules below.
In Baccarat, each card has a certain value. The cards two through nine equal their face value while face cards and tens equal 0. If the player receives two number cards – such as a two and a four – the numbers are added together. If the total of the two number cards equals more than 9 – for example, a seven and an eight equals a total of 15 – then the player counts the right digit as the point value of the hand (in this example, 5).
The house charges a 5 percent commission on winning Banker bets. Other than a tie hand, which pays 8 to 1, bets are paid even money.
Player Card Totals
- 1 through 5,0 — draw a card
- 6 and 7 — stand
- 8 and 9 — natural stand
Banker Card Totals
- 0 through 2 — Banker draws
- 3 — draws only when Player’s card totals 0 through 9, excluding a total of 8; when the Player’s third card is 8, the Banker does not draw
- 4 — draws when the Player’s card is 2 through 7; when the Player’s third card is 0, 1, 8, or 9, the Banker does not draw
- 5 — draws when the Player’s card is 4 through 7; when the Player’s third card is 0, 1, 2, 3, 8, or 9, the Banker does not draw
- 6 — draws when the Player’s card is 6 and 7; when the Player’s third card is 0, 1 through 5, 8 or 9, the Banker does not draw
- The Banker stands on 7
- The Banker natural stands on 8 and 9
- The Banker must hit on a total of 5 or less if the player stands
Dover Downs Hotel & Casino reserves the right to change game rules and regulations without notice.