Dover Downs Hotel & Casino® continually seeks qualified applicants. Visit our online job search page here. All applicants will need to have an email account to access and create a profile for the online job search.
Launch a fabulous career at Dover Downs Hotel & Casino!
1. Make someone’s day – EVERY DAY! Our customer service jobs offer terrific opportunities for “people lovers” both full- and part-time.
2. If you want to be the best, surround yourself with the best! We are incredibly proud to be a AAA rated Four Diamond property and an award winning casino.
3. Dover Downs Hotel & Casino cares deeply about our team! Just take a look at the deluxe benefits package we provide.
4. Be appreciated! Our employees know that the work they do every day is truly valued. Our rewards and incentives add that special “thanks” for a job well done.
5. Great opportunities for learning and development! Dover Downs Hotel & Casino has comprehensive internal training programs available for free, AND we offer tuition reimbursement.
6. Grow with us! Our facility is growing in size and grandeur, and with that comes exciting potential career growth.
7. Plan for your future! Dover Downs Hotel & Casino offers a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
8. Good friends, good times! Our team is made up of outstanding people who enjoy their work and have fun with their coworkers every day.
9. Experience the behind-the-scenes thrill of live NASCAR® Racing!
10. The Dover Downs Hotel & Casino family embraces the importance of family and encourages meaningful work/life balance through our many programs and added benefits.
NASCAR is a registered trademark of the National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing.
As one of the Mid-Atlantic region's premiere entertainment and resort destinations, Dover Downs Hotel & Casino offers a Las Vegas-style Casino with more than 2,500 slot machines, 41 table games, the Crown Royal® Poker Room, a world-class harness racing track with pari-mutuel wagering on live and simulcast horse racing, sports betting, AAA rated Four Diamond hotel accommodations, convention and meeting space, fine and casual dining and concert hall facilities. We regularly feature headline entertainment that has included Chicago, Randy Travis, Dionne Warwick, Meat Loaf, Creedence Clearwater Revisited, Bill Cosby, Johnny Mathis, Tom Jones, and many others, as well as exciting title boxing events.
The Colonnade in the casino features additional slot machines, Frankie's Italian Restaurant, Doc Magrogan's Oyster House, Sweet Perks Too, an exciting casino lounge called Fire & Ice at Dover Downs Hotel & Casino, the Race & Sports Book with pro football parlay betting, and four wonderful shops featuring apparel, jewelry and merchandise. Gaming, racing, elegant accommodations, fine dining and entertainment all come together at Dover Downs Hotel & Casino to create a unique gaming resort. Dover Downs Hotel & Casino, as one of the largest employers in Central Delaware, has grown to employ nearly 1,500 full- and part-time employees. We are committed to providing outstanding customer service to our guests.
The strength of our Company is in our people.
Rated as one of the best large companies for five years in a row in the "Top Workplaces" survey, commissioned by The News Journal through Workplace Dynamics, our goal is to attract and develop employees who will provide to our customers a memorable entertainment experience. We seek to provide employees with challenging and exciting opportunities in an environment where teamwork and mutual respect are paramount.
Welcome and thank you for considering Dover Downs Hotel & Casino as a premiere employer. We are dedicated to recruiting and employing exceptional people. Our Employees mean the world to us. That's why we offer exceptional benefits that most hotels and casinos wouldn't even dream of.
Employee Benefits and Perks
We would like you to know about the many Company benefits and perks available to our employees. Many of these benefits are offered at little or no cost to you.
Paid holidays, sick days, vacation, personal holiday, Jury Duty pay, Bereavement Leave, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription coverage, Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage, company-paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, 401(k) with company contribution, Blood Bank Membership, Uniforms & Laundry Service, and Identity Theft Information Kit.
Annual Benefits Fair
Health and Wellness Information, Free Flu Shots, Free Cholesterol, Glucose and Blood Pressure Screening, Vision Screenings, Smoking Cessation Information, Health Risk Assessments
Other Benefits and Perks
Employee Sunshine Fund, Tuition reimbursement, preferred parking for car-poolers, Payroll check cashing, Payroll Direct Deposit, Annual Holiday Carnival, Holiday gift, free fruit, soft drinks, and Internet use in The Pit Stop, free wedding night hotel stay, hotel discounts, "Welcome Gift" for new babies, Plus Nine Points Program, free use of hotel fitness center, free night in hotel for every 10 year work anniversary and a financial empowerment service called $tand By Me®. The $tand By Me® program offers a personal financial coach to employees. This one-on-one relationship with a trained financial coach helps employees to identify financial goals, map out a plan to achieve them, and provides employees with the information, support, and resources needed to implement their financial plan.
We have partnered with local businesses to provide you with discounted services and programs.
Dover Downs Hotel & Casino
Hotel stays for Employees, Friends and Families Sketchers Work Shoes Toppers Spa and Salon
Dover Federal Credit Union
Please note that some restrictions apply to the above listed benefits and they are subject to change without notice.
We sincerely care about our family of employees and we truly value diversity as it supports the innovation and teamwork that makes our company so successful.
Our team is comprised of many ethnic cultures and backgrounds.
Statement from Janie M. Libby, Vice President of Human Resources:
Dover Downs Hotel & Casino aspires to create an organization where differences among our employees are valued and utilized to promote our effectiveness as the top-rated casino in Delaware.
Diversity is recognized as a crucial business initiative, and the company is dedicated to recruiting, employing, training, and promoting a diverse group of talented people.
We seek to reward and recognize outstanding employees throughout the year who demonstrate exceptional customer service traits through programs such as the following:
Award of Excellence - a monthly award given to employees who show exceptional service to both internal and external customers.
Employees of the Month
Leadership Award - a quarterly award given to outstanding leaders within the Dover Downs Hotel & Casino community.
Leadership Award Winner
"Plus Nine Points" - an employee reward program to recognize exceptional customer service.
Milestone Programs celebrate employee marriages or births/ adoptions of children.
Service Awards commemorate employee achievement and years of employment.
Annual Awards Banquet honors all monthly Award of Excellence winners as well as the Leadership Award winners. The Annual Awards Banquet is held in February for the previous year's award winners.
Dover Downs Hotel & Casino recognizes that employee contributions are the key to our success and celebrates them by sponsoring numerous activities including themed events with management serving and staffing. We demonstrate our gratitude for the fine work performed by our employees at our Appreciation Days.
To be successful in a competitive environment, Dover Downs Hotel & Casino recognizes that our employees must be skilled and highly trained in various areas to best serve our customers.
- These courses help employees advance in both their professional and personal lives.
- To diversify the training experience, we also offer our employees a collection of life and career enriching seminars provided by local, outside agencies (i.e. Defensive Driver Training, CPR/First Aid Training).
- Our customized, ongoing programs are designed to meet specific training needs and include our Excellence in Leadership management development program, Upward Mobility program "Stepping Up," as well as customer service courses and seminars.